Like any type of flooring, the carpet is not a cheap investment. Moreover, the carpet is something that no one wants to replace. However, are the seams in your carpet becoming apart and damaging its fabric? So, what are you thinking about why carpet seams are becoming apart and what solutions you must use to resolve the seam damage? Thus not to worry about that as we are here to solve every problem related to carpet seams. Hence in this article, we will be acknowledging: Carpet Seam Damage Solutions. Nevertheless, there are various methods for fixing the carpet seam. To know more about the best Carpet Seam Damage Solutions read this article thoroughly.
Best Methods For Dealing And Fixing The Carpet Seam Problem
Firstly, you should know what carpet seam is. A seam is a part that connects the carpet to the tufting process. The two pieces of carpet attach under pressure when it is pulled at ends. Thus the carpet seems to remain untouched. However, the common problem with the carpets is seams becoming fraying. Furthermore, carpet seam fraying can happen in all types of carpets. Critical seams also become unglued when your carpet fabric is very thin. Following are some best ways for Carpet Seam Damage Solutions:
- Fixing Carpet Seam With Tape:
- For fixing the carpet seam, first, remove the old tape from your carpets. Moreover, there must be a mark on the carpet where the earlier tape was.
- Now move forward to the next step which is to cut the piece of seam tape. However, remember to cut a piece of that seam tape that perfectly fits the carpet. Moreover, there should be an inch hanging in at all sides. Also while doing this make sure that the seam tape is against the wall. Then the ½ inches of tape should be on the wall.
- Furthermore, when the tape is cut, move forward and heat the seam tape with the iron or the steaming. After this place the carpet piece on the heat tape.
- Lastly, with your hands or with heavy furniture press those carpet pieces on the heat tape. Moreover, go over your carpets with the iron.
- Glue For Fixing The Carpet Seam:
The second method for fixing the carpet seam is glue. However, for this, the steps are some but instead of tape, you have to use glue for fixing the carpet seam. Thus with the following steps, you will know how you can fix carpet seams with glue:
- In the first step, take out the old tape from the carpet with the scissor.
- Then moving forward to the next step take scissors again and cut the new tape with a long size for the two pieces. Moreover, you can also use colour tape for matching the carpet in a better way.
- Now take glue and put the bead about an inch from the edge.
- Furthermore, take both pieces together and even press the pieces into each other. Thus properly doing this will make people know knowing about where one piece starts and end.
- Moreover, you can place some heavy objects on both pieces For example a book or some heavy furniture. This is to keep everything stay till the glue solution dries.
- Also, it’s not necessary to buy the tool for fixing the carpet seam, instead use the scrapper for placing the glue.
Thus The above two methods are the best for Carpet Seam Damage Solutions.
What Are The Reasons That Make Your Carpet Seam Damage?
The carpet is large and the seam is for providing finishing to your carpets. Moreover, many times your carpet seam becomes damaged. Thus some of the reasons for carpet seam damage are as follows:
- Faulty sealing is the main reason for damaging your carpet seam. Thus, when the edge of your carpet is not fixed properly it will tear apart the seam.
- The second reason for the carpet seam damage is low-quality material and fabric. Moreover, many a time low quality carpet seams become apart from each other. So, whenever you do carpet installation, ignore using cheap carpets.
- High foot traffic is also another common reason for any type of carpet damage. In the other words, carpet seam is also due to the high foot traffic. Moreover, if your carpet tears off then the breaking of the seam is the main reason.
Hope the above Carpet Seam Damage Solutions is very helpful for you. Thus, anybody can easily fix the carpet seam. But for reliable results, you must depend on the experts. Experts have advanced tools and know the best way to treat damaged carpet seams. Moreover, certified professionals know every way to treat different types of carpets. Thus for inexpensive things rely on the above DIY methods for Carpet Seam Damage Solutions.